Friday, January 4, 2013

The Whole Armor Of God. Put It On!


Ephesians 6:10 ISV

10Finally, be strong in the Lord, relying on his mighty strength. 

11Put on the whole armor of God so that you may be able to stand firm against the devil’s strategies

12For our struggle is not against human opponents, but against 
  1. rulers, 
  2. authorities, 
  3. cosmic powers in the darkness around us, 
  4. and evil spiritual forces in the heavenly realm. 
13For this reason, take up the whole armor of God so that you may be able to take a stand whenever evil comes. And when you have done everything you could, you will be able to stand firm.

14Stand firm, therefore, having 
  1. fastened the belt of truth around your waist
  2. and having put on the breastplate of righteousness
  3. 15and being firm-footed in the gospel of peace.
  4. 16In addition to having clothed yourselves with these things, having taken up the shield of faith, with which you will be able to put out all the flaming arrows of the evil one
  5. 17also take the helmet of salvation 
  6. and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God. 
  7. 18Pray in the Spirit at all times with every kind of prayer and request. Likewise, be alert with your most diligent efforts and pray for all the saints. 
I was taught about the armor from a young age. I remember hearing about six parts of the armor, not seven. Every time I read this passage and other passages about praying in the Spirit, I realized I did not know what that meant. To make things more confusing, Paul, when speaking about the gift of tongues in 1 Corinthians 14:13-16, said he prayed with both the spirit and the mind! I knew when I prayed with my mind, but how in the world could I even know I was praying in the spirit? He was clearly talking about a different language/tongues, but we had long since denied that truth. 
  • 13Therefore, the person who speaks in a foreign language should pray for the ability to interpret it. 14For if I pray in a foreign language, my spirit prays but my mind is not productive. 15What does this mean? I will pray with my spirit, but I will also pray with my mind. I will sing psalms with my spirit, but I will also sing psalms with my mind16Otherwise, if you say a blessing with your spirit, how can an otherwise uneducated persone say “Amen” to your thanksgiving, since he does not know what you’re saying?

Several years ago, the Lord showed me I did not believe what many of the scriptures said, but instead, I believed what the teachers to told me God meant! As I sought the truth more and more, I came to believe the gifts, including the gift of tongues, were still being given. I walked in that understanding for many years yet in fear of them.  I did not receive the gift of languages until early 2010. Almost 50 years from my profession of faith at 6. 

Tongues are not necessary for salvation, but are a gift and the seventh (completion) part of the armor of God. Paul tells us tongues is the least of the gifts from the Holy Spirit of God. Satan can mimic the gifts, but brothers and sisters, all gifts from God are priceless. I can now pray with my spirit and my mind at the same time. I cannot keep a mental grocery list of more than two items, but I can pray "with my spirit" in many languages with the words flowing as long as I desire to pray, and at the same time I can pray in English with my weak mind which struggles with having many words for an extended period of time. 

Paul appears to make it very clear the gift of languages/tongues is available to all believers. and is the seventh part of The Armor of God. The Holy Spirit will not force them on us. I was so misled and taught to fear the gift. From my profession of faith until receiving the gift of languages, was almost 50 years. If it is for all believers, how sad it is that it took 50 years. I received the gift and filling of the Holy Spirit without instruction from any teacher, while I was surrendering all of my being to the Lord Jesus Christ. When my spirit first spoke, it was as if it had been waiting for 50 years to be set free and speak. I am extremely serious when I say that.

We are in the last days and all the Armor of God is critical. Keep surrendering your life to the Lord Jesus Christ. Do not fear his gifts. They are priceless. If you fear tongues, tell your Father and make it a point to seek to totally surrender yourself to the Lord Jesus Christ. If he desires, you will receive it without any "training" of others.

Do not trust teachers. Judge them with the scriptures as the Bereans judged Paul in Acts 17. “10That night the brothers immediately sent Paul and Silas away to Berea. When they arrived, they went into the Jewish synagogue. 11These people were more receptive than those in Thessalonica. They were very willing to receive the message, and every day they carefully examined the Scriptures to see if those things were so.

God bless you! 

And God bless you Josh! 
This song can touch this generation for Christ. I can hear the children of God singing or listening to this as evil grows. Some may think of this song as they go to their death because of their faith. Keep warning and encouraging!!!

Josh Garrels
The Resistance




No comments:

Post a Comment