Monday, January 7, 2013

The Gospel. Can We Be Moved From It's Hope?

Brothers and sisters, as anyone who reads what I write will see, I feel called to warn the children of God of what I call "The Forgotten Words Of God And His Apostles". Those words being the passages teachers refuse to address. I was actually shown this while in church when I was around 12 years old.

In 2001, I went through a serious crisis in my marriage. I literally felt the marrow in my bones was being destroyed. The very area blood and life is created. This resulted in my crying out for the Lord to help me and resulted in my being changed. He used this time to reveal I indeed had faith. He healed me of insecurity and set me free. A few years later the Lord showed me: 

                    I did not believe much of what was written in the New Testament scriptures.          
                    Instead I believed what teachers in my life had taught me God meant. 

God showed me my mind would redefine what I read based upon what the teachers said God meant. This was occurring and I was not realizing what was happening. Oh merciful Lord! I began to read the New Testament slowly, seeking to challenge my mind by consistently asking myself "do you believe what is written, just as it is written?". It changed my life. I discovered error in what I had been taught and also was shown many warnings which were not being taught by the teachers. I believe the Lord also showed me that ear tickling preachers can tell the truth, but they do not teach the warnings. They are watchmen who do not sound the alarm. I also found there is a consistent pattern in the New Testament scriptures of encouragement, then warnings. 

When taken as they are written, some warnings clearly challenge the teaching of "once saved, always saved". I have no question in my mind but what the scriptures clearly "appear" to disagree with that man made statement. As for myself, I let both possibilities stand and wait for the Lord. 

I truly understand those who disagree with me on this subject. I have no problem with that, but as for myself I choose to believe what is written, as it is written. I do not have to understand it. I do not believe the Lord will be angry with me for believing what he said. If you choose differently, it is between you and God as it is with me. 

A very serious warning in verse 23 comes immediately after Paul's precious giving of the Gospel message.  

Colossians 1:  ISV   Hallelujah, what a saviour!


15The Son is the image of the invisible God,
the firstborn over all creation.
16For by him all things in heaven and on earth were created,
things visible and invisible,
whether they are kings, lords, rulers, or powers.
All things have been created through him and for him.
17He himself existed before anything else did,
and he holds all things together.
18He is also the head of the body,
which is the church.
He is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead,
so that he himself might have first place in everything.
19For God was pleased to have
all of his divine essencet inhabit him.
20Through the Son, God also reconciled all things to himself,
whether things on earth or things in heaven,
thereby making peace
through the blood of his cross.
21You who were once alienated with a hostile attitude, doing evil, 22he has now reconciled by the death of his physical body, so that he may present you holy, blameless, and without fault before him. 

23However, you must remain firmly established and steadfast in the faith, without being moved from the hope of the gospel that you heard, which has been proclaimed to every creature under heaven and of which I, Paul, have become a servant.

24Now I am rejoicing while suffering for you as I complete in my flesh whatever remains of the Messiah’s sufferings on behalf of his body, which is the church. 25I became its servant as God commissioned me to work for you, so that I may complete my ministry of the word of God. 26This secret was hidden throughout the ages and generations but has now been revealed to his saints,27to whom God wanted to make known the glorious riches of this secret among the gentiles—which is the Messiah in you, our glorious hope. 28It is he whom we proclaim as we admonish and wisely teach everyone, so that we may present everyone mature in the Messiah. 29I work hard and struggle to do this, using the energy that he powerfully provides in me.

In spite of questioning the man made doctrine of "once saved, always saved", I still love The group Hillsong's song  "At The Cross" which says "What can separate me now?
Hold me Jesus. I do not even want to leave your side, let alone be "moved from the hope of the gospel" which Paul warned us about. 


No comments:

Post a Comment