Tuesday, January 1, 2013

The Fool

In early 2010, I received the gift of tongues and filling of the Holy Spirit. Shortly thereafter or before, the Lord showed me the face of a fool. It was my self, my old nature, in a mirror in bathroom.

As I moved my head and mouth, he moved exactly. This went on for thirty seconds or more.  He was younger than I, handsome, and looked like a card shark. He was filled with pride and self confidence. But worst of all, he was a fool! Void of understanding. I finally walked away filled with sadness. I knew I was God's child and my sins were forgiven and I cried out to my Father "Oh God, how could I have such a look on my face if I am your's"? I was so very sad.

As I walked away, I felt the Holy Spirit prompting me to go back and look again. When I did, I realized it was not my face. For though I tried I could not even come close to reenacting that look. Brothers and sisters, I hate my old nature. He brings death. Since that time and with strengthened fervor, I seek to crucify him daily and moment by moment. I sometimes address him telling him to shut up, his time is limited and he will not be resurrected. Of course the words are for me, for you see,....he is a fool.

Oh Lord, what you have done that we could become the son's of God! I rejoice in your salvation and new birth. I magnify and praise your name. You alone are God and there is no other! Come quickly Lord Jesus. Thy kingdom come thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven.

The Fool

by Abigail Miller



No comments:

Post a Comment