Thursday, April 11, 2013

The Persecution Of Christians & Falling Away

Brothers and sisters, we are in the last days. Horrible persecution of Christians is occurring around the world. Soon it will come to America. As a result of our great wickedness, judgment on America has already started. Along with many others, I believe we may be Mystery Babylon. We have made the world drunk with the wine of our access.

Will you stand in that day? Are you preparing your heart to be able to stand or are you like the five virgins who did not have enough oil and were cast into outer darkness? There is little time for you to prepare. It is not about storing food, water and moving to the country. It is about your obedience and total surrender to Jesus the Messiah and being filled with the Holy Spirit.

Jesus warned his eleven disciples and told them he did so to keep them from falling away. If they walked with Jesus and could potentially fall away, should we not be concerned about our walk with Christ? In one day our nation can be devastated and we find ourselves in a totalitarian government which persecutes the Children of God. Many will fall.  

Are you dying to self, your old nature, or are you lukewarm and caught up in the cares of this world and its pleasures? One leads to life and the other leads to death. We are each responsible just as the ten virgins were responsible and five of them were cast into outer darkness.

Jesus, speaking to his 11 disciples said:

John 15 ISV

18“If the world hates you, you should realize that it hated me before you. 
  • 19If you belonged to the world, the world would love you as one of its own. But because you do not belong to the world and I have chosen you out of it,f the world hates you. 
  • 20Remember what I told you: ‘A servant is not greater than his master.’ If they persecuted me, they will also persecute you. 
  • If they kept my word, they will also keep yours. 21They will do all these things to you on account of my name, because they do not know the one who sent me.

22“If I had not come and spoken to them, they would not have any sin. 
  • But now they have no excuse for their sin. 
  • 23The person who hates me also hates my Father. 
  • 24If I hadn’t done among them the actions that no one else did, they wouldn’t have any sin. 
  • But now they have seen and hated both me and my Father. 
  • 25But this happened so thatg what has been written in their Law might be fulfilled: ‘They hated me for no reason.’h

26“When the Helper comes, whom I will send to you from the Father— the Spirit of Truth, who comes from the Father—he will testify on my behalf. 27You will testify also, because you have been with me from the beginning.
Continuing in John 16 ISV
1“I have told you this to keep you from falling away.a 
  • 2You’ll be thrown out of the synagogues. 
  • Yes, a time is coming when the one who kills you will think he’s serving God. 
  • 3They’ll do this because they haven’t known the Father or me. 
  • 4But I’ve told you this, so that when the time comes you’ll remember that I told you about them
  • I didn’t tell you this in the beginning, because I was still with you.”
Mark 8:34 ISV
Then Jesus called the crowd to himself along with his disciples and told them, "If anyone wants to follow me, he must deny himself, pick up his cross, and follow me continuously,
John 12:24 ISV

Truly, I tell all of you emphatically, unless a grain of wheat falls into the ground and dies, it remains alone. But if it dies, it produces a lot of grain


No comments:

Post a Comment