Thursday, April 4, 2013

Have You Been Set Free?

In our day countless preachers and teachers ignore the warnings of God. They tickle the ears and mislead many astray. They tell the masses to "believe in Jesus", repeat the so called "sinners prayer", and then pronounce them born again.

Jesus however, did not say that. He said If you continue in my word, you are really my disciples. 32And you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free.”

Are you continuing in Jesus' word? Do you know the truth and has it set you free? Or are you still a slave to sin? If so, repent and seek the Lord with all of your heart. Humbly seek him until you know for sure that you have been born again from above.  

John 8 ISV

12Later on, Jesus spoke to them again, saying, “I am the light of the world. The one who follows me will never walk in darkness, but will have the light of life.”

13The Pharisees told him, “You’re testifying about yourself. Your testimony isn’t valid.”k

14Jesus answered them, “Even though I’m testifying about myself, my testimony is validl because I know where I’ve come from and where I’m going. But you don’t know where I come from or where I’m going. 15You’re judging by human standards,m but I’m not judging anyone. 16Yet even if I should judge, my judgment would be valid,n because it is not I alone who judges, but I and the one who sent me. 17In your own Law it is written that the testimony of two people is valid.o 18I’m testifying about myself, and the Father who sent me is testifying about me.”



19Then they asked him, “Where is this Father of yours?”

Jesus replied, “You don’t know me or my Father. If you had known me, you would’ve known my Father, too.” 20He spoke these words in the treasury, while he was teaching in the Temple. Yet no one arrested him, because his hour had not yet come.

21Later on, he told them again, “I’m going away, and you’ll look for me, but you will die in your sin.p You cannot come where I’m going.”

22So the Jewish leadersq were asking, “He isn’t going to kill himself, is he? Is that why he said,r ‘You cannot come where I’m going’?”
23He told them, “You are from below, I’m from above. You are of this world, but I’m not of this world. 24That is why I told you that you will die in your sins, for unless you believe that I AM, you’ll die in your sins.”

25Then they asked him, “Who are you?”
Jesus told them, “What have I been telling you all along?s 26I have much to say about you and to condemn you for.t But the one who sent me is truthful,u and what I’ve heard from him I declare to the world.”
27They didn’t realize that he was talking to them about the Father. 28So Jesus told them, “When you have lifted up the Son of Man, then you will know that I AM, and that I do nothing on my own authority. Instead, I speak only what the Father has taught me. 29Moreover, the one who sent me is with me. He has never left me alone, because I always do what pleases him.” 30While he was saying these things, many believed in him.

31So Jesus told those Jews who had believed in him, If you continue in my word, you are really my disciples. 32And you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free.”

33They replied to him, “We are Abraham’s descendants and have never been slaves to anybody. So how can you say, ‘You will be set free’?”

34Jesus answered them, “Truly, I tell all of youv emphatically, that everyone who commits sin is a slave of sin.w 35The slave does not remain in the household forever, but the son does remain forever. 36So if the Son sets you free, you will be free indeed!


No comments:

Post a Comment