Friday, April 5, 2013

If God Is Your Father, You Love Jesus

Jesus the Messiah is God. He is the Son of God. There is no one like him. Being God, he and the Father are One. Mankind sinned and Jesus set aside his God attributes to come to earth by being born of a virgin and becoming human. He came to be the sacrifice for the sins of the world. It is only through Jesus and his shed blood that we can be born again and be accepted by God the Father. The Holy Spirit is sent by God to indwell those who believe in Jesus.

Jesus tells us that  if God is our Father we love Jesus the Son. Do you love Jesus? If not, you are in the kingdom of darkness and Satan is your father. Jesus came to set you free, but you must obey what he says to do. You must believe he is the Son of God and paid for sin. You are to turn from your sin and follow him. You will be born again with a new spirit from God. God is the source of Love and every good thing. He is not willing that any should perish but that all should repent. 2 Peter 3:9

John 8 ISV

37“I know that you are Abraham’s descendants. Yet you are trying to kill me because you’ve not received what I’ve told you. 38I declare what I’ve seen in myx Father’s presence, and you’re doing what you’ve heard from your father.”

39They replied to him, “Our father is Abraham!”

Jesus told them, If you were Abraham’s children, you would be doing what Abraham did.y 40But now you’re trying to kill me, a man who has told you the truth that I heard from God. Abraham would’nt have done that41You are doing your father’s actions.”

They told him, “We’re not illegitimate children. We have one Father, God himself.”

42Jesus told them, “If God were your Father, you would’ve loved me, because I came from God and am here. I haven’t come on my own accord, but he sent me
  • 43Why don’t you understand what I’ve said? 
  • It’s because you can’t listen to my words. 
  • 44You belong to your father the devil, 
  • and you want to carry out the desires of your father.
  •  He was a murderer from the beginning 
  • and has never stood for truth, 
  • since there is no truth in him. 
  • Whenever he tells a lie, 
  • he speaks in character, 
  • because he is a liar and the father of lies. 
45But it is because I speak the truth that you don’t believe me. 46Can any of you prove me guilty of sin? 
  • If I’m telling the truth, why don’t you believe me? 
  • 47The one who belongs to God listens to the words of God. 
  • The reason you don’t listen is because you don’t belong to God.”



No comments:

Post a Comment