Sunday, December 23, 2012

Keep My Commandments So That You May Live And Possess The Land.

The video at the bottom inspired me to write the following testimony. When you watch it you will understand why.

As I grew up, I did not keep God's commandments. I broke many of them and would reap accordingly. I know that no one keeps God's commandments, but some do better than others and reap less evil. I could have been much worse, but in this case I am simply talking about myself. This is a story of reaping and sowing, both bad and good. A story of a sinner who would over time be shown the Lover of his soul, the Lord Jesus Christ. As a rebellious sheep whose legs have been broken I want to stay by my master's side. His ways are perfect. Mine bring death and pain.

This is a story of reaping and sowing. My parents became Christians when I was 3.
1961, starts my testimony when I trusted in Christ as a 6 year old. The next day I told my whole first grade class my sins were forgiven by Jesus. But I had an enemy.

In 1991, thirty (30) years later, I returned to Christ after a few years as a prodigal son. Prior to 1991, I had fallen captive to the wicked one and brought much pain on my family. I too had much pain. My first wife had justifiably divorced me. We had 4 children. She and I had remarried. In 1991, I once again I found myself in great pain and one night I returned to my Father and committed to follow him. I immediately began a journey of protecting my eyes and ears and seeking to obey him.

In 2001, Ten (10) years later and (40) years after trusting in Christ, I went through a year of anguish in my marriage and the enemy tormented me constantly. I knew I was dying physically and if the Father did not protect me I would die prematurely. I was able to sleep only one hour a night. I cried to the Lord each night for hours. I was finally delivered and found myself surrendering in marvelous new way to Christ.

In 2011, Ten (10) years later and (50) years after trusting in Christ, my second wife divorced me in the face of my pleading with her not to break up our marriage and home. This devastated me and separated me from my 2 younger children who lived with her the vast majority of the time. I still regularly praise God for giving me 7 more years with my children. Seven more peaceful years than I thought I would have in 2001.

I have had hundreds of appointments from the Lord since 1991. Marvelous ones! After my surrender to the Lord in 2001, I began seeking in a passionate way to live a holy life of obedience and this has grown each year. In the middle of the divorce in early 2010, the Holy Spirit moved mightily in my life, giving me the gift of tongues and giving me power to be a bolder witness for him. He showed me many wonderful things. I still am going through trials, but I know my Father is preparing me for the future. In my spirit man I rejoice in the trials and cry for my Father to have his will in my life no matter what the cost. I so desire to be a blessing to the Lord who I rebelled against so many times. I do not know what would have happened if I had died in a prodigal state of continuing in sin. Speaking of such a condition the Apostle Paul said "God forbid".

When the Prodigal son came home to the Lord in 1991, I began to sow good seed almost immediately. My children have lived and worked with me. I truly believe they all love me and respect me. The Lord took my sin and reaping and turned them for my good. He gave me wisdom to warn my children, young people and adults. He gave me a passion for his warnings and sharing them. All six of my children profess faith in Jesus Christ. I have no memory of any of my children creating a bad experience. I have witnessed to hundreds and hundreds of people. Brothers and sisters, seek the Lord with all your heart. Lean not to your own understanding. Acknowledge Him. He will then direct your very footsteps! Preach the Gospel!!!!

In 2 Corinthians 5:20 ISV, Paul tells us:
  • Therefore, we are the Messiah's representatives, as though God were pleading through us. We plead on the Messiah's behalf  "Be reconciled to God!"
Jacob Prasch discusses these patterns and seasons in our lives along with many other things in the following video. He shows how God tests us and punishes us for our good. You will be blessed as you watch this!

Blessed be the name of The Lord, Jesus the Messiah!


No comments:

Post a Comment