Saturday, February 16, 2013

A Prophecy Of James. The End Of Rich People .

Before we look at James' prophecy of the end of rich people, I would like to give a short personal testimony. I trusted in Christ at 6. It was my nature to love business. I started making money when I was very young. I had four homes by the time I was in my late twenties. I sought after business and was successful as the world sees it. I did not love money, but I loved doing business.

In 2001, in my mid 40's, I was doing the best I had ever done financially, but I was troubled about my loving business. I wept before the Lord and begged him not to let me be like Lot or gain the world and lose my soul and my family lose theirs. I began to seek the Lord more and more each year. This started a journey that a book could not explain, but my precious Father in heaven was going to lead me through many different trials along with seeing financial heights I never dreamed of. Then he was going to lead me back down. Let his name be praised forever!

During my financial heights I said over and over again, "Surely Father I do not serve you for money, surely I would serve you if you took everything. Only you know". I told the Father I wanted only his will and pled with him not to let me give up eternal reward for things that exist in a vapor. In his great love and mercy, the Father took me down. His ways are perfect and past finding out. I have learned and been purified more in one year of adversity than in a decade of peace and prosperity. I did not love money, but I loved business.

I believe it is going to be very difficult for the rich who name the name of Christ in these last days. Many may fall away. Most of them, if not all of them will have to give up their wealth or serve the antichrist's world system. As we saw previously in 2 Thessalonians 2:3, Christians will see the antichrist. The scriptures also clearly appear to tell us of a great slaughter which is coming on the saints.

James gives a prophetical word to the wealthy. This clearly applies to the last days we are now in. While the wealthy in the world pile up riches for the day of God's wrath, countless false teachers have risen up among the church and are getting rich. They are preaching this idolatry to their hearers, telling them God wants the same riches for them. Both the rich in the church and in the world do not understand Satan can give wealth to those who benefit his purposes. Does this mean no rich person is a Christian? Only God knows the boundaries and the hearts of those he is angry with. We are told:

Jeremiah 17: ISV

 9The heart is more deceitful than anything.
It is incurable—
who can know it?
10I am the LORD who searches the heart,
who tests the inner depths
to give to each person
according to what he deserves,e
according to the fruit of his deeds.
11As a partridge gathers together eggs
that it didn’t lay,
so is a person who amasses wealth unjustly.
In the middle of his lifef it will leave him,
and in the end he will prove to be a fool.

James 5  ISV

Prophetical Word to Rich People
1Now listen, you rich people! Cry and moan over the miseries that are overtaking you. 2Your riches are rotten, your clothes have been eaten by moths, 3your gold and silver are corroded, and their corrosion will be used as evidence against you and will eat your flesh like fire. You have stored up treasures in these last days. 4Look! The wages that you kept back from the workers who harvested your fields are shouting out against you, and the cries of the reapers have reached the ears of the Lord of the Heavenly Armies. 5You have lived in luxury and pleasure on earth. You have fattened yourselvesa for the day of slaughter. 6You have condemned and murdered the one who is righteous, even though he did not rebel against you.

                                
                Teach Me Lord

1 comment:

  1. Strong like steel - heated by the fire and molded into God's purpose! Thank you for sharing part of your testimony that was dark and hard to walk through at times.

    ~Nancy

    ReplyDelete