Thursday, November 14, 2013

The Doctrine Of Predestination. Run To Jesus! He Receiveth Sinful Men!

I spent many years as a Calvinist. I understand them. I pray for them. My father who is still alive and believes the gospel and mother who passed away, were Calvinist. My mother was a Godly woman, believed the doctrines of Calvinism and died of cancer.

I do not doubt she went straight to heaven. I was her first born and one time while just the two of us were talking, I asked her "what if you are not one of the elect"? She told me that when she died she would be going out of here singing "my hope is built on nothing less than Jesus blood and righteousness". She then said "I don't believe He will reject that". Yes, my mother went to heaven. Her last words were "I want my Jesus".

The god of this world has blinded so many. He has done so in so many ways.

I cared for Pastor Chuck Smith. I am sure I disagreed in some areas, but he is right on here. I only add, you must finish the race. You must forgive or you will not be forgiven. You must not lose your faith. Many servants of God will hear "depart from me, I never knew you. You workers of iniquity". Paul was concerned about finishing the race.




John Wesley said predestination was "a doctrine full of blasphemy." "It represents our blessed Lord as a hypocrite, a deceiver of the people, a man void of common sincerity, as mocking his helpless creatures by offering what he never intends to give, by saying one thing and meaning another." It destroys "all the attributes of God, his justice, mercy, and truth, yea, it represents the most Holy God as worse than the devil, as both more false, more cruel, and more unjust."

Calvinism is the greatest insult to Jesus Christ because it attacks the very work he finished on the cross for the whole world. I'd hate to be in a person's shoes when they stand face to face with Jesus, after preaching all their life that he only died for a select few and not the whole world, like scripture says.


The Biblical truth of whom Jesus died for:
Romans 5:6  ¶For when we were yet without strength, in due time Christ died for the ungodly.
1 Timothy 2:6  "Who gave himself a ransom for all, to be testified in due time."
Hebrews 2:9  "But we see Jesus, who was made a little lower than the angels for the suffering of death, crowned with glory and honour; that he by the grace of God should taste death for [every] man."

John Calvin's Predestination is a self-centered, self-gratifying doctrine, which caters to the narcissist.

Nowhere does the Bible teach that God wills for some to go to Heaven and wills others to go to Hell. No. The Bible teaches that God would have all men to be saved.
2 Peter 3:9 says that He is "not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance."
1 Timothy 2:4 says, "Who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth."

If Calvinism is true, then why did God command men to be soul winners? To tease the lost with the Gospel? God is not cruel and God loves us all the same.
Acts 10:34  ¶Then Peter opened his mouth, and said, Of a truth I perceive that God is no respecter of persons:
Luke 14:23  And the lord said unto the servant, Go out into the highways and hedges, and compel them to come in, that my house may be filled.
Mark 16:15  And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature.

Those who teach that God would only have some to be saved, while He would have others to be lost are misrepresenting God and the Bible.

Does God really predestinate some people to be saved and predestinate others to go to Hell, so that they have no free choice? Absolutely not! Nobody is predestined to be saved, except as he chooses of his own free will to come to Christ and trust Him for salvation. And no one is predestined to go to Hell, except as he chooses of his own free will to reject Christ and refuses to trust Him as Saviour.

John 3:36 says, "He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him."

Nothing could be plainer. The man who goes to Heaven goes because he comes to Jesus Christ and trusts Him as Saviour. And the man who goes to Hell does so because he refuses to come to Jesus Christ and will not trust Him as Saviour.

Footnote from Warren. "Jesus said "Come to me, all of you who are weary and loaded down with burdens, and I will give you rest." This does not mean that every one who is weary and loaded down with burdens, came to Jesus. Many reject Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment