Monday, November 11, 2013

John MacAurther And The Gift Of Tongues

Brothers and sisters, John MacArthur has attacked and totally distorted what Paul wrote. It is heartbreaking to hear him distort what was going on in Corinth. This breaks my heart. I too was a Calvinist and taught against tongues. I, along with countless other Calvinists were filled with pride and knew "we alone had the truth". We believed this while rejecting many clear truths in the bible. There is grave danger in being a Calvinist as they attract those who love "so called" intellectual teachings. As many Calvinists believe there is nothing you can do to be saved, they find comfort in the fact they believe the doctrines of grace. This at least border lines on the worship of those doctrines. I spent countless hours studying Calvinism. The Lord delivered me. I do believe there are Christians in the Calvinist churches. I once told my Calvinist pastor that I was concerned we taught salvation according to knowledge. He responded "I know what you mean".

2 Timothy 3 ISV
  • 1You must realize, however, that in the last days difficult times will come. 2People will be lovers of themselves, lovers of money, boastful, arrogant, abusive, disobedient to their parents, ungrateful, unholy,3unfeeling, uncooperative, slanderous, degenerate, brutal, hateful of what is good, 4traitors, reckless, conceited, and lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God. 5They will hold to an outward form of godliness but deny its power. Stay away from such people.
So many flock to MacArthur's false teaching as others do to Joel Osteen's false teaching. Both are rejecting clear teachings in the scriptures. If you are listening to preachers such as these men, you are being deceived. They prey upon people who do not believe the scriptures as they are written. There is no way that a person who has not been indoctrinated by false teachers, can come to the same conclusions that Osteen and MacArthur do. 1 Corinthians 14 and other chapters is clear about the tongues/languages MacArthur denies. What kind of pride must MacArthur have to boldly deny the teachings which Paul made so clear? These are just a few of Paul's endorsements of tongues/foreign languages.
  • 1Keep on pursuing love, and keep on desiring spiritual gifts, especially the ability to prophesy. 2For the person who speaks in a foreigna language is not actually speaking to people but to God. Indeed, no one understands him, because he is talking about secrets by the Spirit. (True tongues from God are gifts and display the power of God)
  • 13Therefore, the person who speaks in a foreign language should pray for the ability to interpret it. 14For if I pray in a foreign language, my spirit prays but my mind is not productive. 15What does this mean? I will pray with my spirit, but I will also pray with my mind. I will sing psalms with my spirit, but I will also sing psalms with my mind. 16Otherwise, if you say a blessing with your spirit, how can an otherwise uneducated persone say “Amen” to your thanksgiving, since he does not know what you’re saying? 17It’s good for you to give thanks, but it does not build up the other person. 18I thank God that I speak in foreign languages more than all of you. 19But in church I would rather speak five words with my mind to instruct others than 10,000 words in a foreign language.
  • 39Therefore, my brothers, desire the ability to prophesy, and do not prevent others from speaking in foreign languages. 40But everything must be done in a proper and orderly way.
Please understand we are in the falling away. If you will listen to John MacArthur's video regarding Joel Osteen, who is a wolf in sheep's clothing, you will see what I mean. MacArthur and his audience laughed about what was going on in Joel Osteen's so called church. The Holy Spirit is not laughing. People are perishing in Joel Osteen's "so called church" and MacArthur's church. This is heartbreaking.

Just because the "word of faith" crowd and others abuse, falsify, or have demonic counterfeit gifts, does not mean Christians flee from the gifts. These same people have created in their minds a false Jesus, but we do not run from the true Jesus of the scriptures, do we? I pray God will have mercy on MacArthur as he is denying the gifts of the Holy Spirit, while thinking he is one of the "chosen elect of God". YOU WILL KNOW THEM BY THEIR FRUIT!!

What are you doing getting your doctrines from teachers? People like Osteen and MacArthur have become wealthy marketing their "Christian products'. MacArthur even has his own name on the front of bibles!

We have the scriptures. MacArthur and Osteen, who appear to be at opposite ends of the spectrum, can both lead you to hell. Over and over Jesus warned us about false teachers in the last days. JESUS WARNED US NOT TO BE DECEIVED AND MANY OF YOU SIT BY AND ACCEPT MACARTHER'S MOCKING OF PAUL'S CLEAR TEACHING. YOU SHOULD BE ASHAMED. GOD HAVE MERCY! SATAN HAS PLANTED FALSE TEACHERS IN EVERY SO CALLED DENOMINATION. THE BIBLE IS YOUR ONLY SOURCE OF PURE TRUTH!!!

Jacob Prasch has a word for us. 

No comments:

Post a Comment