Monday, July 22, 2013

Making Our Calling And Election Sure

Brothers and sisters, as we look at the warnings in the New Testament, we find one of the most serious warnings in 2 Peter 1. I believe I was sent on a journey to seek out the warnings and not to look to man for what they mean. I have simply chosen to believe what is written, not what the teachers taught me God meant!

I do not believe that we are told to "make your calling and elections certain" if we cannot do that. This is a very serious warning as this is addressed to "those who have received faith". It appears to me to be a theme in the New Testament that we are to finish the race.

Man tries to make up his religious system and figure out God, but surely we can believe what he says, even when it appears to contradict other passages.

I believe God, and let stand what appear as apposing passages. The following are an example of this. I do not trust man. I have been deceived by each "denomination" and look to the Lord.


2 Peter 1 ISV

1From:a Simeonb Peter, a servantc and apostle of Jesus, the Messiah.d
To: Those who have received faith that is as valuable as ours through the righteousness of our God and Savior, Jesus the Messiah.e
2May grace and peace be yours in abundance through full knowledge of God and of Jesus our Lord!

3His divine power has given us everything we need for life and godliness through the full knowledge of the one who called us by his own glory and excellence
  • 4Through these he has given us his precious and wonderful promises, so that through them you may participate in the divine nature, seeing that you have escaped the corruption that is in the world caused by evil desires. 
  • 5For this very reason, you must make every effort to supplement your faith with moral character, your moral character with knowledge, 6your knowledge with self-control, your self-control with endurance, your endurance with godliness, 7your godliness with brotherly kindness, and your brotherly kindness with love. 
  • 8For if you possess these qualities, and if they continue to increase among you, they will keep you from being ineffective and unproductive in attaining a full knowledge of our Lord Jesus, the Messiah.f 
  • 9For the person who lacks these qualities is blind and shortsighted, and has forgotten the cleansing that he has received from his past sins.

10So then, my brothers, be all the more eager to make your calling and election certain, for if you keep on doing this you will never fail. 11For in this way you will be generously granted entry into the eternal kingdom of our Lord and Savior Jesus, the Messiah.g

12Therefore, 
  • I intend to keep on reminding you about these things, even though you already know them and are firmly established in the truth that you now have. 
  • 13Yet I think it is right to refresh your memory as long as I am living in this bodily tent, 
  • 14because I know that the removal of my bodily tent will come soon, as indeed our Lord Jesus, the Messiah,h has shown me. 
  • 15And I will make every effort to see that you will always remember these things after I am gone.
Why is Peter so concerned about what he has warned them about? HE KNOWS THIS IS VERY SERIOUS. Brothers and sisters, when was the last time your pastor warned you of this? Has he ever? I am not condemning all pastors as ear ticklers, but YOU must get into the scriptures and take the warnings seriously. Even the most Godly pastors cannot warn you like the scriptures do! They do not have time. This is about our souls. All warnings in the scriptures are from the Love of God. I have broken many warnings and do not like the price, yet God works all things together for good to them that love God and are called according to His purpose! 


No comments:

Post a Comment