Friday, July 26, 2013

Are You Right With God? Do You Know What He Requires?

Brothers and sisters, I was raised and taught that once you are saved that you are secure and will go to heaven. The scriptures do not teach this. As we enter the book of 1 John, he tells us we are responsible to continue to follow and obey Jesus and what he said to do. Are you?

We will all stand before the Lord and give an account. Some will hear "depart from me you workers of iniquity". If you said a sinners prayer and are living in immorality, rebellion, or idolatry, you are in danger of hell and must repent and follow Jesus continually. If you sin, confess it and turn from it. What sin are you holding onto for just a few days or years of pleasure? Is it worth eternal judgment and losing your soul?

1 John 1 ISV

1What existed from the beginning, what we have heard, what we have seen with our eyes, what we observed and touched with our own hands—this is thea Word of life! 2This life was revealed to us, and we have seen it and testify about it. We declare to you this eternal life that was with the Father and was revealed to us. 3What we have seen and heard we declare to you so that you, too, can have fellowship with us. Now this fellowship of ours is with the Father and with his Son, Jesus, the Messiah.b 4We are writing these thingsc so that ourd joy may be full.

5This is the message that we have heard from him and declare to you: 
  • God is light, and in him there is no darkness—none at all! 
  • 6If we claim that we have fellowship with him but keep living in darkness, we are lying and not practicing the truth. 
  • 7But if we keep living in the light as he himself is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus his Son cleanses us from all sin. 
  • 8If we say that we do not have any sin, we are deceiving ourselves and we’re not being truthful to ourselves. 
  • 9If we make it our habit to confess our sins, in his faithful righteousness he forgives us for those sins and cleanses us from all unrighteousness. 
  • 10If we say that we have never sinned, we make him a liar and his word has no place in us.


John 15 ISV

1“I am the true vine, and my Father is the vintner. 2He cuts off every branch that does not produce fruit in me, and he cuts back every branch that does produce fruit, so that it might produce more fruit. 3You are already clean because of what I’ve spoken to you. (Note: In verse 3, Jesus is talking to his disciples, not us.) 

4“Abide in me, and I will abide in you. Just as the branch cannot produce fruit by itself unless it abides in the vine, neither can you unless you abide in me. 5I am the vine, you are the branches. The one who abides in me while I abide in hima produces much fruit, because apart from me you can do nothing. 6Unless a person abides in me, he is thrown away like a prunedb branch and dries up. People gather such branches,c throw them into a fire, and they are burned up.

7If you abide in me and my words abide in you, you can ask for anything you want, and you’ll receive it. 8This is how my Father is glorified, when you produce a lot of fruit and so prove to be my disciples. 9Just as the Father has loved me, so I have loved you. So abide in my love. 

10If you keep my commandments, you’ll abide in my love, just as I have kept my Father’s commandments and abide in his love. 

11I’ve told you this, so that my joy may be in you, and that your joy may be complete.





1 comment:

  1. You were raised and taught that once you are saved that you are secure and will go to heaven because it appears atleast one of your parents knew the way the truth and the life and the scriptures where revealed to them, it also appears the scriptures have yet been revealed to you and very likely they will not.

    ReplyDelete