Thursday, May 23, 2013

Salvation Is The Result Of Being Justified By Faith, Not By Keeping The Law


Brothers and sisters, today we start looking at the warnings in Galatians. We gentiles are justified/saved from our sin in the same way the Jews are saved from sin. By believing in Messiah Jesus. We are all "justified by the faithfulness of the Messiah and not by doing what the Law requires, for no human being will be justified by doing what the Law requires".

If we are saved by faith (by the faithfulness of Messiah), we should not try to rebuild  the Law as we died to the Law so that we might live for God. We have been crucified with the Messiah. We "no longer live, but the Messiah lives in us, and the life we now live in our bodies we live by the faithfulness of the Son of God, who loved us and gave himself for us".

Are we truly living a new life by the faithfulness of the Son of God, or are we living our life for ourselves? Please read these scriptures slowly. The are very serious. We should judge ourselves and if we find we are not doing as we should, we must repent and start obeying what Jesus and his disciples wrote we are to do. Do not continue to practice sin and trample the blood of Jesus under your feet. Paul warned us,

  • "1What should we say, then? Should we go on sinning so that grace may increase? 2Of course not! How can we who died as far as sin is concerned go on living in it?" Romans 6 ISV


Galatians 2 ISV
15We ourselves are Jews by birth, and not gentile sinners, 16yet we know that a person is not justified by doing what the Law requires,l but rather by the faithfulness of Jesusm the Messiah.n 

  • We, too, have believed in the Messiaho Jesus so that we might be justified by the faithfulness ofp the Messiahq and not by doing what the Law requires, 
  • for no human beingr will be justified by doing what the Law requires. 
17Now if we, while trying to be justified by the Messiah,s have been found to be sinners, does that mean that the Messiaht is serving the interests of sin? 

  • Of course not! 
  • 18For if I rebuild something that I tore down, I demonstrate that I am a wrongdoer. 
  • 19For through the Law I died to the Law so that I might live for God. I have been crucified with the Messiah.u 
20I no longer live

  • but the Messiahv lives in me, 
  • and the life that I am now living in this body I live by the faithfulness of the Son of God,w who loved me and gave himself for me. 
21I do not misapply God’s grace, for if righteousness comes about by doing what the Law requires, then the Messiahx died for nothing.


No comments:

Post a Comment