Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Husbands, Wives, Scriptural Obedience And Divorce

I had asked the Father to give me a love for my wife that would never die. Several years later I found out she was planning to divorce me. I begged her not to break up the home and told her I would love and serve her for the rest of my life. I suddenly then said "if you serve me papers, I will be like king David when his baby with Bathsheba died. He got up and washed his face and went on with his life". After I said that, I turned my head slightly to the left and said "Father, please forgive me if I spoke words that are not true. I do not know the future". 

On the day she served me I was devastated. That same day I went to an attorney and told him I wanted to fight for the marriage with all I had. On my way home I was talking to the Father and he told me "you are free son, go". I then understood that my warning to my wife appeared to be from God.

I give my testimony for those who have a similar situation and find themselves having to treat their spouse as an unbeliever who wants to depart. Paul does not tell us what to do if a believing spouse wants to leave a believing spouse, but says if the unbelieving spouse leaves, the believing spouse is free. See 1 Corinthians.

Paul gives much more instruction on how to treat an unbelieving spouse in 1 Corinthians. In our day divorce is rampant. There are cases for divorce given in 1 Corinthians.

Are you a Christian husband or wife? Are you obedient to the Word of God? Paul gives very clear instructions as to how each partner is to treat the other. Marriage is very serious to God. God hates divorce. 

Ephesians 5 ISV
22Wives, submit yourselvesn to your husbands as to the Lord. 
  • 23For the husband is the head of his wife as the Messiaho is the head of the church
  • It is he who is the Savior of the body. 
  • 24Indeed, just as the church is submissive to the Messiah,p so wives must be submissiveq to their husbands in everything.

25Husbands, love your wives as the Messiahr loved the church and gave himself for it, 
  • 26so that he might make it holy by cleansing it, washing it with water and the word, 27and might present the church to himself in all its glory, without a spot or wrinkle or anything of the kind, but holy and without fault. 
  • 28In the same way, husbands must love their wives as they loves their own bodies. A man who loves his wife loves himself29For no one has ever hated his own body, but he nourishes and tenderly cares for it, as the Messiaht doesu the church.

30For we are parts of his body—of his flesh and of his bones.v 
  • 31“That is why a man will leave his father and mother and be united with his wife, and the two will become one flesh.”w 
  • 32This is a great secret, but I am talking about the Messiahx and the church. 
  • 33But each individual man among you must love his wife as he lovesy himself
  • and may the wife fear her husband.

No comments:

Post a Comment