Tuesday, July 15, 2014

The Warnings of Jesus Christ. Recorded by Luke. Chapters 18-24

Following are serious warnings Luke recorded from Jesus Christ. These are the warnings that are not being preached from the majority of preachers who at best are hirelings. They leave them alone or explain them away. Trust no man with your soul. I recommend you spend time and read them in context, but there is great value in focusing in on each warning. Many believers have never done this.

I see a pattern in much of the New Testament. The writer, under the inspiration of the Holy Spirit greets, commends, praises and then warns. Some warnings clearly reject the so called "once saved always saved" teaching. 

In our day the warnings are left out of most preaching.  

Please brothers and sisters, judge yourselves. When you read the warnings do not read them thinking they do not apply to you and you cannot fall away. You clearly can. It is a war to judge yourself. Paraphrasing, Jesus warned his disciples that if they did not abide in him they would be burned. Read Ezekiel 18. Jesus gives the gospel.

The 4 gospels have many of the same warnings. Having started in Matthew, I now leave out the duplicate warnings which are in Matthew and Mark.

The Warnings of Jesus Christ. Recorded by Luke.

Luke Chapter 18 NASB
      1Now He was telling them a parable to show that at all times they ought to pray and not to lose heart, 2saying, “In a certain city there was a judge who did not fear God and did not respect man. 3“There was a widow in that city, and she kept coming to him, saying, ‘Give me legal protection from my opponent.’ 4“For a while he was unwilling; but afterward he said to himself, ‘Even though I do not fear God nor respect man, 5yet because this widow bothers me, I will give her legal protection, otherwise by continually coming she will wear me out.’” 6And the Lord said, “Hear what the unrighteous judge said; 7now, will not God bring about justice for His elect who cry to Him day and night, and will He delay long over them? 8“I tell you that He will bring about justice for them quickly. However, when the Son of Man comes, will He find faith on the earth?

      9And He also told this parable to some people who trusted in themselves that they were righteous, and viewed others with contempt:10“Two men went up into the temple to pray, one a Pharisee and the other a tax collector. 11The Pharisee stood and was praying this to himself: ‘God, I thank You that I am not like other people: swindlers, unjust, adulterers, or even like this tax collector. 12‘I fast twice a week; I pay tithes of all that I get.’ 13“But the tax collector, standing some distance away, was even unwilling to lift up his eyes to heaven, but was beating his breast, saying, ‘God, be merciful to me, the sinner!’ 14“I tell you, this man went to his house justified rather than the other; for everyone who exalts himself will be humbled, but he who humbles himself will be exalted.”
      15And they were bringing even their babies to Him so that He would touch them, but when the disciples saw it, they began rebuking them. 16But Jesus called for them, saying, “Permit the children to come to Me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of God belongs to such as these. 17“Truly I say to you, whoever does not receive the kingdom of God like a child will not enter it at all.

Luke Chapter 19
      8Zaccheus stopped and said to the Lord, “Behold, Lord, half of my possessions I will give to the poor, and if I have defrauded anyone of anything, I will give back four times as much.” 9And Jesus said to him“Today salvation has come to this house, because he, too, is a son of Abraham. 10“For the Son of Man has come to seek and to save that which was lost.”
-------      26“I tell you that to everyone who has, more shall be given, but from the one who does not have, even what he does have shall be taken away. 27“But these enemies of mine, who did not want me to reign over them, bring them here and slay them in my presence.

Luke Chapter 21
   34Be on guard, so that your hearts will not be weighted down with dissipation and drunkenness and the worries of life, and that day will not come on you suddenly like a trap; 35for it will come upon all those who dwell on the face of all the earth. 36“But keep on the alert at all times, praying that you may have strength to escape all these things that are about to take place, and to stand before the Son of Man.
(The above passage is one of the many reasons I have pulled out the warnings in the New Testament. When was the last time you heard a preacher talk about this? We have forsaken or reinterpreted the scriptures.) wm

Luke Chapter 24
    44Now He said to them, “These are My words which I spoke to you while I was still with you, that all things which are written about Me in the Law of Moses and the Prophets and the Psalms must be fulfilled.” 45Then He opened their minds to understand the Scriptures,46and He said to them, “Thus it is written, that the Christ would suffer and rise again from the dead the third day, 47and that repentance for forgiveness of sins would be proclaimed in His name to all the nations, beginning from Jerusalem. 48“You are witnesses of these things. 49“And beholdI am sending forth the promise of My Father upon you; but you are to stay in the city until you are clothed with power from on high.
All those who fear God and have turned from their sins, should ask the Father for the same gifts as the disciples. We desperately need to "understand the Scriptures" and to be "clothed with power from on high"
      50And He led them out as far as Bethany, and He lifted up His hands and blessed them. 51While He was blessing them, He parted from them and was carried up into heaven52And they, after worshiping Him, returned to Jerusalem with great joy, 53and were continually in the temple praising God.

No comments:

Post a Comment