Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Do You Confer With Flesh and Blood?

My brother goes to this church. This post is so needed in the Body of Christ. You cannot trust man with your soul. I have spent many years unlearning much of what I was taught. I asked the Lord to help me as I read the New Testament very slowly, asking myself if I really believed what it said.

It changed my mind. It changed my life.

There are false teachings going back to Paul's day. He warned us that wicked men would bring harm to the truth. We are all impacted. Still men look back to the so called "fathers of the faith" and take on their doctrines, instead of the scriptures.

I realize we all confer with certain people, but we should be Bereans and challenge with the scriptures, what we hear. If you have been born again, turned to Christ and forsaking sin,, ask the Father to give you his Spirit in great measure and wisdom to understand the scriptures. Ask the Father for the gifts of the Holy Spirit.  He delights in this!

Warren
Feeds:
 
Posts
 
Comments
MyMy

I Did Not Confer With Flesh And Blood

But when it pleased God, who separated me from my mother’s womb and called me through His grace, to reveal His Son in me, that I might preach Him among the Gentiles, I did not immediately confer with flesh and blood, nor did I go up to Jerusalem to those who were apostles before me; but I went to Arabia, and returned again to Damascus. 
Galatians 1:15-17
The account above speaks of the three years that the apostle Paul spent in Arabia after his conversion.  We might think that if God was going to prepare him for such a mighty ministry that he would need to be in Jerusalem under the tutelage of Peter or John.  But God was able to teach Paul without the influence of these apostles.  Paul’s experience reveals that glorious reality which is true for every believer: “And they shall all be taught by God”! (Joh 6:45)
Don’t let anyone ever take this right from you, Christian!  Don’t let any man claim power over your soul and suppress your privilege to approach God directly.  It is true that God has gifted certain men and made them “able to teach.” (1Ti 3:2).  We call these men pastors and teachers.  Eph 4:12 says they are given “for the equipping of the saints for the work of ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ,” so these are needful men that benefit the flock of God.  Yes, we should be in attendance when they preach the word of God and give heed to that which they speak on God’s behalf; however, it is just as equally true that when God saved you, He placed the Teacher, the Holy Ghost, inside of you.  Praise God that when we leave the church house on Sunday, we don’t have to wait until the next service to hear from God!  God is more than able to teach us Himself without the use of any man.
John puts it plainly: “But the anointing which you have received from Him abides in you, and you do not need that anyone teach you; but as the same anointing teaches you concerning all things, and is true, and is not a lie, and just as it has taught you, you will abide in Him.” (1Jn 2:27) This “anointing” is the Spirit of God that Christ promised to send.  “But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in My name, He will teach you all things, and bring to your remembrance all things that I said to you.” (Joh 14:26) How much error could have been stopped before it ever really started if men would have opened the scriptures and gone to God themselves rather than heeded the voice of one who claimed to be speaking for God!  We owe it to our souls to seek God directly, and when we sit under those who say they have a word from Him, we must remember John’s instruction: “Beloved, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits, whether they are of God; because many false prophets have gone out into the world.” (1Jn 4:1)
Jamie

No comments:

Post a Comment