Monday, September 29, 2014

Chuck Smith Said Catholics are Basically Christians Too.

Brothers and sisters, the preachers are falling away in apostasy. I had no idea Chuck Smith was leading people back to Rome. The Roman Catholic "church" has never been Christian. What fellowship does darkness have to do with light? This is heartbreaking and evil. 
  • 21“Not everyone who says to Me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father who is in heaven will enter. 22“Many will say to Me on that day, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in Your name, and in Your name cast out demons, and in Your name perform many miracles?’ 23“And then I will declare to them, ‘I never knew you; DEPART FROM MEYOU WHO PRACTICE LAWLESSNESS.’



II. Chuck Smith Is Ecumenical.
In his book, Answers For Today (copyright 1993), Smith says the following,
Paul points out that some say, "I'm of Paul," while others say, "I'm of Apollos." He asked, "Isn't that carnal?" But what's the difference between saying that or saying, "I'm a Baptist," "I'm a Presbyterian," "I'm a Methodist," "I'm a Catholic"? I have found that the more spiritual a person becomes, the less denominational he is. We should realize that we're all part of the Body of Christ and that there aren't any real divisions in the Body. We're all one.
What a glorious day when we discover that God loves the Baptists! - And the Presbyterians, and the Methodists, and the Catholics. We're all His and we all belong to Him. We see the whole Body of Christ, and we begin to strive together rather than striving against one another. (p. 157)
If anything should be clear, Catholics are in no way part of the Body of Christ. Catholicism is filled with demonic activity (1 Timothy 4:1f; please see our report on Catholicism). Note also 2 John 9-11. Chuck Smith does not bring this doctrine.
III. Smith Denies The Power Of Godliness (2 Timothy 3:5)
This is exemplified via his teaching on a "Carnal Christian". In his book, Why Grace Changes Everything, Smith rightly says,
I find at times that I am battling my flesh so that I do not do the things I really want to do. Sometimes my activities and actions are opposed to my faith in Jesus Christ. But I can't live in that condition. I may stumble and fall, as does everyone, but I don't lie there. The Spirit won't let me lie there. (p. 73)
This is true Biblical teaching. Yet, in his book, Answers For Today (copyright 1993), under what is a carnal Christian (p. 148 and following), he contradicts himself and denies the power of godliness (i.e. the power of a changed life that comes through faith in Christ, 2 Corinthians 5:17).
The carnal Christian, however, has enough of the Lord to be saved, but not enough of the Lord to rest in that salvation. He has enough of Christ to be miserable in the world, but too much of the world to be happy in Christ. (p. 148)
So, to begin with, we see his definition of a "carnal Christian" is a person who is "saved". Then on page 154 he says,
The "carnal Christian" is the man who has been awakened by the Spirit of God to his need of Jesus Christ and has received Jesus Christ into his life as his Savior, but he has never submitted his life to the Lordship of Jesus Christ. Thus, he is one who believes in Jesus Christ as his Savior, but is still ruled by his flesh.
Such a person is not saved!
"FOR TO BE CARNALLY MINDED IS DEATH, BUT TO BE SPIRITUALLY MINDED IS LIFE AND PEACE." (Romans 8:6)
"FOR IF YOU LIVE ACCORDING TO THE FLESH YOU WILL DIE;" (Romans 8:13)
"HE WHO SAYS, 'I KNOW HIM,' AND DOES NOT KEEP HIS COMMANDMENTS, IS A LIAR, AND THE TRUTH IS NOT IN HIM." (1 John 2:4)
Taken from  http://www.atruechurch.info/smith1.html  I do not know what their doctrines, but the quotes of Chuck Smith are horrible. . 

No comments:

Post a Comment