Friday, September 26, 2014

Augustine, Original Sin & Paul's Warning!

Brothers and sisters, I grew up in and taught Calvinism. I came home to the Father as a prodigal after a short, but too long, period of time in 1991. This period was impacted by the hopelessness of the Calvinism which I had grown up in and taught. Since that time, I have spent time in churches such as Baptist, Pentecostal and a very short period of time in a "name it and claim it" type church.

This was not an accident as, it would result in my going through the New Testament over and over, slowly reading the scriptures. I would then ask myself if I believed what I had read AND is it evident in my life and my belief system. This so changed my life, as over and over the bible contradicted my teachers.

One of the most important things I was shown in the scriptures is a warning from the Apostle Paul. This helped me understand the churches and their confused doctrines.  Paul was about to go to heaven and told the church AND US:
  •  25“And now, behold, I know that all of you, among whom I went about preaching the kingdom, will no longer see my face. 26“Therefore, I testify to you this day that I am innocent of the blood of all men. 27“For I did not shrink from declaring to you the whole purpose of God. 28Be on guard for yourselves and for all the flock, among which the Holy Spirit has made you overseers, to shepherd the church of God which He purchased with His own blood. 29“I know that after my departure savage wolves will come in among you, not sparing the flock; 30and from among your own selves men will arise, speaking perverse things, to draw away the disciples after them. 31“Therefore be on the alert, remembering that night and day for a period of three years I did not cease to admonish each one with tears. Acts 20 NASB
Brothers and sisters, Paul warned that evil men would come in when he left for heaven. Satan has had 1900 years to add to what Paul warned would take place. One of the worst things was Augustine. ALL churches have been perverted by Augustine's false doctrines. We must search the scriptures and choose to believe them, not man. Please do not let a teacher explain the scriptures away. When you come to passages you do not understand, set it aside and seek the Holy Spirit. God wrote the bible for His children. Not teachers and theologians. You and I have the bible. We will not be able to blame the teachers and theologians on judgement day. 

Augustine polluted the truth we grow up with.  

No comments:

Post a Comment