Monday, January 13, 2014

Getting Free of Man's Traditions is Critical For The Believer

The following was written to a brother who gets frustrated with me. I gave him some understanding about my beliefs, with the hope he could understand me better. It has cost me dearly to seek to be free of man's opinions.

------------------------------------
Brother, part of the frustration you have with me is because of my belief the scriptures are all we need and it is dangerous to look to man for any teaching. Yeas ago, the Father revealed to me I did not believe what He said. Instead I believed what the teachers taught me God meant.  

Since that time, I have chosen to believe what is written in the scriptures to the best of my ability. I am acutely aware that this is not all I need, for I must have the Holy Spirit. Some places are not "literal", but still have the truth of God. If God says it, I dare not change it or explain it away as multitudes do.

To get free from tradition, I have spent many years with the Lord. I assume I will die still seeking that. As a result of this, I do not trust man, as we are also warned not to do.

A few Examples of things I now believe, but once did not:

1. I do not care what the early church fathers said after the scriptures were finished. Paul warned us wolves would come in and scatter the sheep after he departed. I do not trust man or the early church fathers

2. I do not care what anybody says about dispensation, except for Paul which goes without saying. (list is below)

3. I do not trust any man since the scriptures were finished, as we are warned by the Apostle Paul. 

4. As to the Holy Spirit being in the Old Testament, David cried to the Father not to take the Holy Spirit from him. 

5. As to the New Testament, Paul told Timothy "Now the Spirit expressly says that in the latter times some will depart from the faith, giving heed to deceiving spirits and doctrines of demons". I believe you cannot depart from the faith unless you had faith. 

6. I believe if we become like little children and choose to believe what is written, not looking to man, it will change our lives. I know of no man outside of the scriptures which I would trust my soul to, yet countless millions foolishly do trust a teacher with their souls. Many trust media teachers who have NO accountability.  

7. I believe man's opinions cannot be trusted. 

8. It breaks my heart and I believe Christ's heart, that so many read man's books about the scriptures, when we are told not to trust in man. Reading someone's book can move us slowly away from the truth, just as listening to teachers can move us away from the truth. I believe we should focus on the Word of God. The bible. 

9. I believe the vast majority of churches are filled with false teachers and countless believers who are walking with the world.

10. I believe we in the West are in the repeating time of the Laodicean church. Laodicea means "mans opinions". Literally it means "The Church of Man's Opinions". I want no part with it. 

Sincerely,
Warren  

Many talk about "dispensation" and build doctrine on it. The word "dispensation" is found in these few scriptures:

... If you have heard of the dispensation of the grace
of God which is given me toward you ...
//bible.cc/ephesians/3-2.htm - 18k

... Whereof I am made a minister, according to the dispensation of God
which is given to me for you, to fulfil the word of God ...
//bible.cc/colossians/1-25.htm - 18k

... That in the dispensation of the fullness of times he might gather together in one
all things in Christ, both which are in heaven, and which are on earth; even ...
//bible.cc/ephesians/1-10.htm - 19k

... For if I do this thing willingly, I have a reward: but if against my
will, a dispensation of the gospel is committed unto me. ...
//bible.cc/1_corinthians/9-17.htm - 19k

... neither to give heed to fables and endless genealogies, which minister questionings,
rather than a dispensation of God which is in faith;'so do I now . ...
//bible.cc/1_timothy/1-4.htm - 19k

... and to make all men see what is the dispensation of the mystery which
for ages hath been hid in God who created all things ...
//bible.cc/ephesians/3-9.htm - 19k

1 comment:

  1. The "dispensation" in the KJV means "stewardship."

    "If you have heard of the dispensation (i.e. stewardship) of the grace
    of God which is given me toward you..."

    "For if I do this thing willingly, I have a reward: but if against my
    will, a dispensation (i.e. stewardship) of the gospel is committed unto me...."

    "neither to give heed to fables and endless genealogies, which minister questionings, rather than a dispensation (i.e. stewardship) of God which is in faith..."

    ReplyDelete