Sunday, November 30, 2014

The Warnings of Jesus Christ. Recorded by John the Disciple. Chapters 10, 11, 12,

Please brothers and sisters, we must judge ourselves. When you read the warnings we should not read them thinking they do not apply to us and that we cannot fall away. These warnings were given by Jesus to his disciples! It is a war to judge yourself. Jesus warned his disciples that if they did not abide in him they would be burned. Read Ezekiel 18. where Jesus gives the gospel.

The Warnings of Jesus Christ. Recorded by John the Disciple.

John Chapter 10 NASB
      7So Jesus said to them again, “Truly, truly, I say to you, I am the door of the sheep. 8“All who came before Me are thieves and robbers, but the sheep did not hear them. 9“I am the door; if anyone enters through Me, he will be saved, and will go in and out and find pasture. 10“The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I came that they may have life, and have it abundantly.
 -------
24The Jews then gathered around Him, and were saying to Him, “How long will You keep us in suspense? If You are the Christ, tell us plainly.” 25Jesus answered them“I told you, and you do not believe; the works that I do in My Father’s name, these testify of Me. 26“But you do not believe because you are not of My sheep. 27“My sheep hear My voice, and I know them, and they follow Me; 28and I give eternal life to them, and they will never perish; and no one will snatch them out of My hand. 29“My Father, who has given them to Me, is greater than all; and no one is able to snatch them out of the Father’s hand. 30“I and the Father are one.
Note, Jesus does not say the the believer cannot stop the process. We cannot take this out of the context of John's Gospel. Jesus adds to the understanding of these passages as seen below in verse 12:26.

John Chapter 11
      23Jesus said to her, “Your brother will rise again.” 24Martha said to Him, “I know that he will rise again in the resurrection on the last day.” 25Jesus said to her, “I am the resurrection and the life; he who believes in Me will live even if he dies, 26and everyone who lives and believes in Me will never die. Do you believe this?” 27She said to Him, “Yes, Lord; I have believed that You are the Christ, the Son of God, even He who comes into the world.”
The word "believes" is from the Greek word 4102. "pistis" which means faith & faithfulness. In the Greek, "faith" and "faithfulness" are the same word. The correct understanding In verse 26, is "and everyone who lives and has "faithfulness" in me will never die". Salvation is a process and we must go on believing until the end. Just as the all of those in the "heroes of the faith" in Hebrews. They all "died in faith". wm See Ezekiel chapter 18 where Jesus clearly shows this.
-------
      44The man who had died came forth, bound hand and foot with wrappings, and his face was wrapped around with a cloth. Jesus said to them, “Unbind him, and let him go.”
     45Therefore many of the Jews who came to Mary, and saw what He had done, believed in Him. 46But some of them went to the Pharisees and told them the things which Jesus had done.

John Chapter 12
      23And Jesus answered them, saying, “The hour has come for the Son of Man to be glorified. 24“Truly, truly, I say to you, unless a grain of wheat falls into the earth and dies, it remains alone; but if it dies, it bears much fruit. 25“He who loves his life loses it, and he who hates his life in this world will keep it to life eternal. 26“If anyone serves Me, he must follow Me; and where I am, there My servant will be also; if anyone serves Me, the Father will honor him.
Note, salvation is an ongoing process as seen in "he must follow me'. We must finish the race. We must abide in the vine. 

      37But though He had performed so many signs before them, yet they were not believing in Him. 38This was to fulfill the word of Isaiah the prophet which he spoke: “LORDWHO HAS BELIEVED OUR REPORT? AND TO WHOM HAS THE ARM OF THE LORD BEEN REVEALED?” 39For this reason they could not believe, for Isaiah said again, 40“HE HAS BLINDED THEIR EYES AND HE HARDENED THEIR HEARTSO THAT THEY WOULD NOT SEE WITH THEIR EYES AND PERCEIVE WITH THEIR HEARTAND BE CONVERTED AND IHEAL THEM.” 41These things Isaiah said because he saw His glory, and he spoke of Him. 42Nevertheless many even of the rulers believed in Him, but because of the Pharisees they were not confessing Him, for fear that they would be put out of the synagogue; 43for they loved the approval of men rather than the approval of God.
      44And Jesus cried out and said, “He who believes in Me, does not believe in Me but in Him who sent Me. 45“He who sees Me sees the One who sent Me. 46“I have come as Light into the world, so that everyone who believes in Me will not remain in darkness. 47“If anyone hears My sayings and does not keep them, I do not judge him; for I did not come to judge the world, but to save the world. 48“He who rejects Me and does not receive My sayings, has one who judges him; the word I spoke is what will judge him at the last day. 49“For I did not speak on My own initiative, but the Father Himself who sent Me has given Me a commandment as to what to say and what to speak. 50“I know that His commandment is eternal life; therefore the things I speak, I speak just as the Father has told Me.
The word "believes" is from the Greek word 4102. "pistis" which means faith & faithfulness. In the Greek, "faith" and "faithfulness" are the same word. Faithfulness infers continuing to be faithful. 

No comments:

Post a Comment