Saturday, November 8, 2014

Repentance & Obedience Are Not An Option If You Want Into The Kingdom of God


Brothers and sisters, as many of you know, the Lord showed me several years ago that I did not believe much of what He had written in the New Testament. What had happened was I had come to believe what my teachers had taught me “God meant”.

I literally had a war with my mind as I chose to believe what God said and then seek to change my mind accordingly. At this same time I sought out the warnings in the New Testament. which has forever changed me. They are very sobering and extremely precious. These can be found at wmcgrew.blogspot.com . They start with Matthew on 09-04-2014 and continued to Revelation. After I finished pulling the warnings from the New Testament, I knew "once saved, always saved " was not true and we can fall away as even Paul was concerned he could become a castaway:

In the last couple of years the Lord lead me to Jacob Prasch and David Pawson, who verified much of what I had already discovered. The fact is you cannot trust a teacher unless you know the New Testament and are able to judge them. We are in Apostasy and false teachers fill the pulpits. They are indoctrinated by their former teachers. As I meet many Christians, I am deeply saddened about their ignorance as to what the Biblical Christian life is.

Today, I posted David Pawson’s YouTube video in which he shows one of the reasons believers think they can live as they please, is because of the false non-biblical teaching “once saved, always saved”. 

The following includes facts which I took from David Pawson and helps us understand what is going on!

Howmany times is the love of God mentioned in the Bible?

Old Testament - 2 times and some in the Psalms
New Testament - Gospels 1, Romans 1, Ephesians 2 or 3

One startling fact is all of the mentions of the love of God are addressed to the Redeemed. Can you see what a mess the teachers and preachers have made in light of this? There are millions of believers and countless have not repented and yet are confident they will go to heaven because they believe in God and have been told God loves them, even in their sin!!  How many times we have told the lost that God loves them! We should not have, but should have told them to REPENT! REPENT!  I say this with tears.

Why are so many confident that they cannot fall away? False teaching! John talked of the love of God, but John wrote his gospel to the believers! Even John 3:16 is written to believers and clearly by John, not Jesus. When we tell a lost person God loves them, we are casting pearls before swine. This is why so many respond angrily with words such as "if God is love, why does he allow this or that to go on?" 

Per David Pawson:

The word “believe” in John’s gospel is in a special Greek tense of the verb, called “the continuous present tense” and it always means ”to go on doing something, to continue doing it without fail”.

Jesus actually said “go on seeking and you will find, go on asking and you will receive, go on knocking and the door will be open to you.”

John actually says “I’ve written this gospel so that you may go on believing that Jesus is the Son of God and going on believing you may go on having eternal life.”

John 3:16 properly translated is “For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever goes on believing in Him will never perish, but go on having eternal life

To watch the video where David Pawson was teaching this, go to : 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XQ3XnhIhkUY

No comments:

Post a Comment