Sunday, May 25, 2014

Calvinism. Have You Been Deceived By It? by Jacob Prasch

Catholicism, Calvinism, Southern Baptists, Protestants, etc. have unbelievably impacted our world. From the approximate age of 10, I grew up in a Baptist Calvinist church. I considered myself a Calvinist and taught it when I gave someone the gospel.

We believed that God created some people for hell, elected some for heaven and there was nothing you could do to be saved as God predestined what your state would be. Jacob Prasch shows clearly that the foundation points of Calvinism are all false as they have taken the scriptures out of context. As an example, in the case of election (Greek is elektos), it is always corporate in the scriptures and not individual. Calvinist make a big deal out of "Jacob have I loved and Esau have I hated". This is not about Jacob or Esau, as the scriptures are talking about the nations each represent. You will hear that the elder will serve the younger, but that never happened to the two brothers. Esau never served Jacob. It was Jacob who wanted to give gifts to Esau.

As I grew in the Lord, I asked the Lord to help me believe what He said and started reading the bible very slowly and asking my self constantly "Warren, do you believe what is written"? I knew that God told the truth, but I discovered many, many times I did not believe what HE SAID and without thinking, I had placed my teachers interpretations in the picture and twisted what God said. I read the New Testament over and over. It was truly a war with my mind which automatically wanted to skip over the passages and insert what the teachers said.

Brothers and sisters, it truly changed my life. Two or three years ago, I started listening to Jacob Prasch. He warns this generation of false teaching.  He regularly pleads with prominent bible teachers/pastors to debate the issues. Hardly anyone will take the challenge as they cannot. We are in apostasy. We do not know how far. Countless false teachers are now in the pulpit, on the air and TV. John MacArthur is just one. He claims you can take the mark of the beast and repent later. God says you will go to the lake of fire. Who will you believe?

Why do I write about these things? Because the Lord started delivering me from false religions in 1991. About 10 years later the Lord revealed to me that I did not believe much of what He said in the scriptures, but I believed what my teachers taught me He meant. I have two brothers who are totally screwed up because of Calvinism. One says he would not reach out to stop his son from being killed by a passing car as it would be God's will. He lies, cheats, steals and disrespects our father. The other is filled with unforgiveness, hatred and disrespects our father. There is no reason. We had a loving home where God was foremost.

Be careful who you listen to. Safety may require you to read only your New Testament and Old for an extended period of time, but do not forsake the assembling together with believers. I point you to the scriptures. Trust no man.

God bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment