Sunday, May 4, 2014

Dave Hunt Video- What Love Is This? Calvinism's Misrepresentation of God

Dave Hunt has gone to be with the Lord. The world has lost a great man of God. I was raised in Calvinism. In my 20's and early 30's, I taught Calvinism every time I witnessed. I experienced personal moral failure in my early 30's. By God's grace I soon found myself at the Saviors feet, repenting. Almost immediately, God set me on a path to deliver me from Calvinism.

I remember in my 20's telling my Calvinist pastor, who I still love, "I am concerned we get close to saying salvation is according to knowledge". He said "I know what you mean". On Sunday the 27th of April, 2014, I visited a Calvinist church. I love the hymns! A lady, about 40 years old came up to great me. I told her this was my first visit. She immediately spoke down to me and said something like "well, you are in a different place than you know. Wait till you hear about TULIP."

Yes, that is Calvinism. They have built a foundation on TULIP and do not even know it. How else can John MacArthur rebuke God and tell the world that if you take the mark of the beast you can repent later? Blind leading the blind. What they need is what most churches need. They need some godly children to read the scriptures and tell them what God meant!

People of "intellect" and those who love to debate, are very tempted by Calvinism. There is a sense of knowing you are one of the elect because so many people oppose you! "We are the chosen ones"! There is severe ignorance about the evil history of Calvinism. Also, many have been devastated by the mis-interpretation of "Esau have I hated". Scholars know the context of this verse has Esau representing the nation of Edom. It is not about Esau personally, but the nation of Edom. Esau never served Jacob!!!! Esau became very wealthy.

I believe it is possible to be a Calvinist and a Christian, just as it is in countless of other misguided religious groups. I hope John Calvin, a Roman Catholic, was saved, in spite of the evil he partook in. Most knowledable five point Calvinists are trying to distance themselves from Calvin. Too late. Way too late. Calvinism is truly a misrepresentation of God as are countless of other religious groups.

Calvinism has its base with Augustine who was the beginning foundation for Roman Catholicism. The Apostle Paul warned us about false doctrines and wolves. We should not look to the men of the past such as Augustine, but to the scriptures.  Paul puts a very serious question over trusting any man after Paul wrote this:

Acts 20 ISV

25“Now I know that none of you among whom I traveled preaching about the kingdom will ever see my face again. 26I therefore declare to you today that I’m not responsible for the blood of any of you, 27because I never shrank from telling you the whole plan of God. 28Pay attention to yourselves and to the entire flock over which the Holy Spirit has made you overseers to be shepherds of God’sh church, which he acquired with his own blood. 29I know that when I’m gone, savage wolves will come among you and not spare the flock. 30Indeed, some of your own men will arise and distort the truth in order to lure the disciples into following them. 31So be alert! Remember that for three years, night and day, I never stopped tearfully warning each of you. 32“I’m now entrusting you to God and to the message of his grace, which is able to build you up and secure for you an inheritance among all who are sanctified.


3 comments: