Saturday, September 14, 2013

Are You Seeking God's Blessing Without Repenting?

Brothers and sisters, I was raised in the scriptures and taught the Gospel of the kingdom, which requires repentance (turning from sin) as long as we are in this body. I asked Jesus to be my savior when I was six and believe I was born again. Around 12, we started going to a Calvinist church which taught the false teaching that there is nothing we can do to be saved. This devastated me and our family. I repented often, however, I eventually gave up and went on with life. Even then I was aware of the Lord and talked to him. Around 30 years of age, I went through a short, but devastating period as a prodigal. By the mercy of God, I returned to the Father about 3 years later. The one thing I knew was that I had to stop sinning. In 1991, I began the process of protecting my eyes and ears and seeking after God. I want to be a man after God's own heart.

Are you a Christian prodigal and unaware that if you die you may hear Jesus say "I never knew you"? Please take note! The prodigal son's father pronounced his son "dead". I believe this is the case with millions of Christians. I meet them regularly. They do not understand repentance and that Paul told us there is a race to finish. The past few generations have listened to teachers who tickle the peoples ears and leave out the warnings of a loving, but Holy God. We must live holy lives.

2 Peter 3 
8Don’t forget this fact, dear friends: With the Lord a single day is like a thousand years, and a thousand years are like a single day. 9The Lord is not slow about his promise, as some people understand slowness, but is being patient with you. He does not want anyone to perish, but wantsf everyone to repent. 10But the Day of the Lord will come like a thief. On that dayg the heavens will disappear with a roaring sound, the elements will be destroyed by fire, and the earth and everything done on it will be exposed. ISV

Proverbs 4
20My son, pay attention to my words,
and listen closelyh to what I say.
21Do not let them out of your sight;
keep them within your heart.
22For they are life to those who find them,
and healing to their whole body.i
23Above everything elsej guard your heart,
because from it flow the springs of life.
24Never talk deceptively
and don’t keep company with people whose speech is corrupt.k
25Let your eyes look directly ahead;
fix your gaze straight in front of you.
26Carefully measurel the paths for your feet,
and all your ways will be established.
27Do not turn to the right or to the left;
turn your foot away from evil. ISV

Luke 15 
Jesus tells us "32But we had to celebrate and rejoice, because this brother of yours was dead and has come back to life. He was lost and has been found.’” ISV

Hebrews 12
Esau sought the blessing. Not repentance. ISV 

12Therefore, strengthen your tired arms and your weak knees, 13and straighten the paths of your life,j so that your lameness may not become worse, but instead may be healed.
14Pursue peace with everyone, as well as holiness, without which no one will see the Lord15See to it that no one fails to obtain the grace of God and that no bitter root grows up and causes you trouble, or many of you will become defiled. 16No one should be immoral or godless like Esau, who sold his birthright for a single meal. 17For you know that afterwards, when he wanted to inherit the blessing, he was rejected because he could not find any opportunity to repent, even though he begged to repentk with tears.

Also, please read the entire chapter of Ezekiel 18. I refer to it as "The Gospel according to Ezekiel". It addresses almost all of the points above. One being, the Lord tells us that if a righteous man turns from his righteous ways he will die (eternally). If a wicked man turns from his wicked ways and practices righteousness he will live (eternally). We must finish the race!

If you would like to have more scriptures regarding these issues, please do not hesitate to post a comment regarding this.  

No comments:

Post a Comment