Friday, November 30, 2012

Sinning, Forgiveness, Darkness and Eternal Life


Continuing in chapter 2
1 John 2 ISV

18Little children, it is the last hour. Just as you heard that an antichrist is coming, so now many antichrists have appeared. This is how we know it is the last hour. 19They left us, but they were not part of us, for if they had been part of us, they would have stayed with us. Their leaving made it clear that none of them was really part of us.
·         Many antichrists had already appeared when John was writing this.
·         They had rejected the teachings of Jesus and his Apostles.
·         Many antichrists are with us now.
20You have an anointing from the Holy One and know all things. 21I have not written to you because you do not know the truth, but because you do know it and because lies don’t come from truth.22Who is a liar but the person who denies that Jesus is the Messiah? The person who denies the Father and the Son is an antichrist. 23No one who denies the Son has the Father. The person who acknowledges the Son also has the Father.
24What you have heard from the beginning must abide in you. If what you have heard from the beginning abides in you, you will also abide in the Son and in the Father. 25The message that the Son himself declared to us is eternal life. 26I have written to you about those who are trying to deceive you. 27The anointing you received from God abides in you, and you do not need anyone to teach you this. Instead, because God’s anointing teaches you about everything and is true and not a lie, abide in him, as he taught you to do.
28Even now, little children, abide in him. Then, when he appears, we will have confidence and will not turn away from him in shame when he comes. 29Since you know that he is righteous, you also know that everyone who practices righteousness has been fathered by God.

John 15: 1-6 ISV
1“I am the true vine, and my Father is the vintner. 2He cuts off every branch that does not produce fruit in me, and he cuts back every branch that does produce fruit, so that it might produce more fruit. 3You are already clean because of what I’ve spoken to you.
4Abide in me, and I will abide in you. Just as the branch cannot produce fruit by itself unless it abides in the vine, neither can you unless you abide in me. 5I am the vine, you are the branches. The one who abides in me while I abide in him produces much fruit, because apart from me you can do nothing. 
6Unless a person abides in me, he is thrown away like a pruned branch and dries up. People gather such branches, throw them into a fire, and they are burned up.
·         I want to abide in Jesus.
·         I want no part of being “thrown away” like a pruned branch and dry up.
·         I do not want to be thrown into a fire and burned up.
·         Everyone who practices righteousness has been fathered by God.
·         How much sin do we want in our lives? 

No comments:

Post a Comment